We praise the Lord for what God is doing through His people in response to the horrific flooding in Eastern Kentucky. Here are some quick updates on the flood relief efforts of which NHIM has been able to be a part:
- Two work teams led by Keith Madill were sent from Wilmore Free Methodist Church this week to do cleanup.
- Two much-needed generators were secured and will be delivered Saturday.
- A load of supplies including pet food is on its way to our staging area at the Bear Pen Community Center.
- A used car was purchased for a family that lives miles from town and whose home was damaged and only vehicle was washed away in the flood waters.
- An air conditioner was purchased to help cool the Bear Pen Community Center where flood victims will be staying.
- Rolls of quarters are being provided for flood victims who have found coins hard to come by and must use a laundromat to wash muddy and soiled clothing.
- A new load of food and supplies will be picked up Tuesday for the Abiding Hope Food Pantry.
We are exceedingly grateful for all who have come alongside NHIM and other ministries to show the love of Jesus to the hurting people of Eastern Kentucky. Please pray that the spirit of service and generosity will continue and consider how God might use you to bring healing and restoration to this flood-ravaged region.